Following the success of its JB-Edocs – mobile-compatible interactive documentation – JB Associates, a construction consultancy based in the south of England, has now released JBA–360, the latest format of its Interactive Operation and Maintenance Manuals. The new product offers 3D scanning and asset management software services designed to provide architects, facilities managers, and building proprietors easy access and total transparency to a build.
Whilst this type of software has been used in other industries, this is a first for the construction sector. Historically, ongoing maintenance, repair work, renovations, or planned expansion programmes would have been a lengthy and costly exercise completed via a 3D model using associated data sheets and manuals. This innovative JBA-360 software service will provide facilities management teams easy access to the build and building assets via a cutting-edge 4K resolution tool that includes a 9-lens camera system. The camera scans its surroundings and automatically stitches those scans together into an easy-to-digest walk-through format of the whole building that can be viewed and edited easily on iOS, MacOS, or via Web App.
With JBA-360 Facility Management teams will benefit from:
- File exporting and sharing using infrared sensors which capture 4m distance measurements per panoramic scan.
- Labelling and file linking as annotations, URLs, and files can be placed anywhere in the 3D model which has huge benefits for Snagging, viewing plant equipment data sheets, linking suppliers and contractors.
- Accurate Measurements, Overhead 2D, and Walkthrough modes can be toggled on and off and between metric and imperial units.
- The benefit of the integrated infrared sensor (within 0.9% accuracy) on measurements, which is extremely valuable if working remotely.
- The ability to optimise equipment installation by superimposing CAD items to accurately demonstrate the finished install.
- Create equipment inventory and maintenance records.
Julian Butler, Financial Director and Founder at JB Associates, said: “We know from working in this industry for many years that building owners will revisit manuals and BIM models in the years and months after the handover of a building, to initiate new design work, undergo maintenance, and scope expansion possibilities. We wanted to build a user-friendly software service that provides our clients and partners with a more accurate, speed, and cost-effective option. The JBA-360 scanning technology will benefit our clients long after construction is completed by offering a real-time, accessible, and interactive platform from design to construction and after.
A video showcasing the product can be viewed here:
To find out more about JB Associates new JBA-360 visit its website: JBAssociates.co.uk.